Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Reading Goals



Credits:
2015 Reading Goals
Turning the page by jbs
melancholy by connie prince
font: franklin gothic and eras bold ITC

So lets discuss the following goals I set for myself for 2015.

1. Read 60 Books which is only 5 books a month.  I'm sure I will be able to surpass that total but I wanted to be able to have some free time to watch tv shows and movies.  And not to forget about my scrapbooking which has been put on the side burner for 2014.

2. Read stuff on my bookshelf.  OH MY GOD!  I own 675 books and almost all of them I haven't read yet.  I know the shame.  Library sales really kill me!

3.  Try not to purchase books.  Yup that will be hard.  I'm going to try to only purchase books that I plan on reading at that time.  That includes new releases.  If I preordered a book I plan to read it right when I get it.  So that means my TBR will be switched around a bit.

4.  Review every book I read on my blog.  That's pretty easy.  I already review everything I read on goodreads I just need to remember to link it to my blog.

5. Read stuff on my kindle.  Yup another hard one.  I like the physical book mainly because it shows me how long I have left in a book.  I know the kindle tells you but I like to see it.  I have 623 books on my kindle yup that's a lot.  About half of that is probably free.  I only buy kindle books when they are cheap but they do add up.  And that also includes my kids books as we share an account.

6. Read books I hauled a year ago.  Yup I haven't read those first books I collected when I joined youtube.  I was looking at my old videos and was shocked at how many I haven't yet read.  I made a list in my journal and got to June and got tired of writing them all down.  I'm going to be celebrating one year on youtube on Jan 8.

7. Finish 3 series.  Well, I think this one will be manageable.  I already have 3 I can think of.  The legend series I only need to read Champion.  In the twilight series I need to read the last book.  And the shatter me series need to read ignite me.  So I'm sure this one will get done.

8.  Read more adult books.  I read mostly YA because I find them enjoyable and easy to read.  I need to pick up some adult books that are fast reads.  Try out new authors.

9.  Read a classic.  This one is another hard one for me.  I don't enjoy classics because I struggle to read them.  I don't like to be bored.  I read to enjoy the story.  In Feb my reading group would like to read classics so come and join me.  I still am looking for suggestions to put in the Feb poll.  My Reading group come join us.

10.  Read nonfiction.  Another genre that I don't read much of because I don't enjoy it.  I have a few nonfiction on my shelf that I just need to pick up and read.  Hopefully I will get to some of them in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment