Friday, January 8, 2016

#ReadMyOwnDamnBooks


Here's a great challenge to get the books you own read.

Okay, here's an embarrassing look at my unread books.  And this is not all of them as I have 2 shelves downstairs that have more.  Luckily these have been bought from library sales and bookoutlet so it's not the cost that is bothering me.  It's the lack of time.


Yup there has got to be over 200 books just in my crates alone.  These are sorted by alphabet by author to help me find them.  Which still I have problems finding books because I have a ton on my kindle as well.  Yup I collect cheap books on my kindle too.  Yes, I have a problem.

#ReadMyOwnDamnBooks. I'll be using this hashtag to talk about this personal challenge throughout the year. The rules are pretty nonexistent....
  • Read my own books
  • Try to knock off 100 in 2016 by either reading them or ditching the ones that are DNF
  • I can't buyyyy myself any new releases until I've read a significant amount of my own. Like maybe I can treat myself for every 5-10 of my own books I read. I'll be fairly flexible with this and see where my guilt leads me. 
  • I can purchase next book in a series if I don't own it but need to read it that month
  • If I'm itching for newness...use the library. 
Wish me luck with #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks

If you'd like to join me in this attempt.  You can sign up here.

Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment