Saturday, December 27, 2014

Review: My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories


My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories
My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This book almost went on my DNF pile. I started reading this on Dec 1. My goal was to read a story (chapter) each night for 12 nights. I was doing great but by day 10 I stopped reading it. The stories were hit or miss for me. Some were 5, some 4, some 3 and some even 2. Took me forever to read the last two stories. Giving this a 2 1/2 star rounding up to 3.

My favorite stories (5 stars)
Chapter 3- Angels in the snow by Matt de la Pena.
Chapter 5 - It's a Yuletide miracle. Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins.
I certainly will be checking out other stories written by those two authors in the future.

Honorable Mentioned (4 stars)
Chapter 1 Midnights by Rainbow Rowell
Chapter 4-Polaris by Jenny Han
Chapter 8-what the hell have you done, Sophie Roth? By Gayle Forman
Chapter 9 -Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire.

Liked it (3 stars)
Chapter 6 -your temporary Santa by David Levithan.
Chapter 10- welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White

It was okay (least favorite) (2 stars)
Chapter 2-lady and the fox by Kelly Link.
Chapter 7- krampuslauf by Holly Black.
Chapter 11 - star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter.
Chapter 12 - The Girl Who Woke the Dreamer by Laini Taylor




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment