Thursday, December 25, 2014

Top 14 of 2014: New-to-Me Authors


So I’m gonna participate in the Top 14 of 2014 hosted by Kim @KimberlyFaye Reads, and Jessica @A Midsummer Night’s Read
Top 14 New to Me Authors read in 2014 in no particular order.

Rainbow Rowell
  

I read all her books.  Attachments and Eleano and Park were my favorites.  Landline was okay.  I disliked Fangirl as I struggled to read it and it was the first book that I actually skipped pages to get to the end of the book.  



I read 2 of her books and one novella.  I have the Ignite Me (last book in series) but haven't yet read it and also the other novella on my kindle that I still need to read.  This series was amazing and one which I will purchase the books so my girls can read it as well.  

Colleen Hoover

Read these two books. I enjoyed both of them immensely.  Her writing kept me interested and added some twists that I did not expect.  She writes about some major things that happen in life.  Like kidnapping and cheating.  I have heard her other books are just as amazing.  I have already collected her books but still  need to read them.  Also I started to follow her on facebook and she seems to be very nice.

Jenny Han

Read these three books.  The first and 2nd one are trilogies.  I already own the other books yet haven't read them yet.  The all the boys I've loved before will be a duo-logy.  

P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've loved Before #2) is expected to release June 2015


Neil Gaiman
Read these two books by him.  They can be creepy.  The Graveyard book is for middle grade.  We listened to it on audio and my kids really enjoyed it.  I certainly will be checking out more of his books.

Susan Ee
These two books I read back to back and they were amazing.  They are about angels but are really dark.  Very creepy and bloody.  Certainly kept me interested and shocked throughout.  

End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days 3) will be released May 12, 2015


Alice Clayton

Cocktail series has 4 books and one novella.  I read 2 of them.  I really enjoyed the first book Wallbanger.  It has mature content but it kept me laughing throughout.  I certainly will be continuing her series and picking up her redhead series in the future.


I have only read this one book (Stand alone) by her and really enjoyed it.  Since then I have collected a ton of her books just need more time to read everything.  I own the entire Lux series, White Hot Kiss  and Wicked her newest novel is already on my kindle.

Lisa Genova


I have only read one of her books but this one was amazing.  Plus the movie is coming out in January 2015.  I will certainly be checking out her other books.

                 Michelle Hodkin



She has only written these three books.  The first 2 were amazing.  If you like creepy and not knowing what is going on type of books. They kept me reading.  I didn't enjoy the last book as the first two were amazing.  Felt like there was still unanswered questions.  I certainly will be checking her other books out once she writes them.

Victoria Scott


I have only read this book by her.  It was a cross between the hunger games and she added animals to the mix.  Fast read for me and kept me reading.  Just saw they changed the cover to match the salt and stone cover.  Will be picking up the new cover book as soon as I see it.  I think my kids would really enjoy reading this story.

Salt & Stone (Fire & Flood #2) is releasing Feb 24, 2015 (already preordered it)


Abbi Glines
I have only read her first book in the series but since then I have collected a few hard copies of her books plus kindle books.  She is a new adult author and it can have some mature content.

Veronica Roth

If I could pick only one book this year that I really enjoyed it would be this one. I read it and then went to the movie.  I even fangirled over it.  I made bookmarks.  I have picked up the book for my kids.  Wish it was a stand alone.  I do own the other two in the series and will read the next book before March as the movie is coming out.  I did get spoiled and already know what's going to happen in book 3 so I'm a bit annoyed and procrastinating about picking up the next two books.

Melissa Marr

I have read only this book by her and actually just read it like last week. It's a stand alone and a bit creepy.  Had me guessing most of the book.   I already collected a few of her books like the wicked series so will be reading them soon.

See what others have said their favorites are here  If you want to participate as well go over there and link your blog list.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh great list! I love Rainbow, Tahereh, Colleen, Alice and JLA. So many good books on your list! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list - I've read a lot of books by these authors this year too. Alice Clayton is most definitely on my Must Read in 2015 list. I have the first three in her cocktail series, and I've heard such good things about it. Thanks for the reco!

    ReplyDelete